Discover the cutting-edge enhancements of the Ceeview 2.17 Release, crafted to amplify your IT monitoring and observability prowess. This update brings transformative features to dashboards, integrations, and service models, ensuring a tailored, intuitive, and comprehensive monitoring experience. Dive into the details and learn how the latest advancements can elevate your business’s IT infrastructure and service delivery to new heights.
Introducing the Ceeview 2.17 Release:
In today’s hybrid IT landscape, effective monitoring is crucial. It ensures timely insights, efficient operations, and proactive management—key drivers for better business outcomes. We are pleased to present the Ceeview 2.17 Release. This update reflects our commitment to enhancing businesses’ observability capabilities. We invite you to delve into the enhancements, features, and refinements this release brings, covering everything from our dashboards’ capabilities to the precision of our service-centric monitoring.
Ceeview acknowledges the unique operational and visualization requirements of different organizations. Our 2.17 release builds upon our customizable dashboards, enhancing their adaptability and precision in monitoring. Designed to provide clear, actionable insights, this update ensures a more tailored monitoring experience.
- GPS Dashboarding Capability: We’ve introduced and expanded our GPS widget support to the Ceeview Service Model service elements. This enhancement not only allows service elements to be geo-localized using the Custom/GPS widget but also brings in the added option of an OpenMap background. With the integration of GPS coordinates for positioning assets, your dashboards can now provide a richer visual context, making geographical monitoring more intuitive and detailed than ever.
- Sharing and Interactivity: Sharing your insights is now more streamlined with the replacement of the URL by a simple copy symbol. Additionally, to improve user interaction with our widgets, the non-header edit mode now features floating icons, ensuring an undistorted view.
- State Widget Revamp: The State Widget, crucial for insights into Service States, Event States, SLA, Asset, and Application metrics, has been enhanced. Users can now choose to display or hide Buckets and Bars, tailoring the widget to their specific needs. Furthermore, the Y-axis on Single/Multi-graphs is now locked at 100, ensuring consistent value representation.
- Optimized Data Access: In our ongoing efforts to enhance user experience, we’ve made under-the-hood optimizations. Starting from 2.17, our server will be more efficient in querying data, ensuring faster dashboard loading and eliminating redundant queries when the requested data isn’t available.
Enhanced Monitor, Gateway, and Script Integration
In the vast landscape of IT operations, the integration and monitoring of various technologies are crucial. Ceeview responds to this need with a robust suite of Monitors, Gateways, and Script Monitors, providing organizations with a comprehensive set of tools. These tools are not just for detection; they also anticipate the health of IT infrastructure and critical business services.
In the 2.17 release, we’ve further honed our commitment to offering the best in monitoring solutions.
The very ethos of our approach lies in the Ceeview Health Index—a pioneering methodology that moves away from isolated metric-driven responses, focusing instead on a holistic health assessment of each target’s technology and business function. It’s a shift from simply observing numbers to understanding the narrative they portray. And now, with the introduction of the reset feature, IT operations are empowered with enhanced control, ensuring attention is perfectly calibrated to the most pressing of environments.
- Improved Connectivity Monitor: The interface for our Connectivity Monitor has been updated for better user experience, featuring streamlined time settings and layout adjustments to facilitate more intuitive monitoring.
- Icinga Integration: Users of the Icinga monitoring tool can now benefit from its integration with Ceeview, creating a synergy between the two platforms for enhanced insight and monitoring capabilities.
- Enhanced Process Monitoring: The latest Ceeview Process Monitor offers more detailed analysis of computer and application processes, from status to resource use, ensuring comprehensive oversight.
- Custom Monitoring with Script Monitors: Our Script Monitors cater to organizations with specific needs, and with the addition of new API method documentation, leveraging this tool for customized monitoring is more straightforward than ever.
Addressing The Imperfections:
Even the best can be made better, and we’re no exception. The Connectivity Monitor now actively flags if it finds no targets to monitor, eliminating potential oversights. Additionally, our System Monitor now provides a more detailed breakdown of machine reboots, ensuring that every second is accounted for.
In conclusion, our 2.17 release reaffirms our commitment to delivering a monitoring solution that’s not just about data but the stories they tell. As technologies evolve, so will we, always striving for that perfect intersection of comprehensiveness and clarity.
Service Modeling & Service Qualifier Overview
In the ever-evolving landscape of business operations, ensuring the seamless functioning and optimization of business services has never been more crucial. Ceeview’s service-centric monitoring is the bedrock upon which organizations can build and maintain an ironclad service level. By employing the innovative strategy of Ceeview Service Models, we enable a comprehensive observability of the state of your business services. Through this approach, businesses can visualize interconnected service elements that underpin their service-enabling ecosystems, be it technologies, systems, or more intricate processes.
Integral to the service modeling approach is the power-packed arsenal of Ceeview Service Qualifiers. These are adept at leveraging a diverse array of remote access methodologies to target a wide spectrum of service elements. From cloud technologies and websites to infrastructure devices and system management tools, our Service Qualifiers delve deep, collecting crucial data, setting thresholds, and proactively alerting, ensuring that you’re always one step ahead.
In our Release 2.17, we’re thrilled to introduce the following advancements in our Service and Service Qualifier domain:
Service Qualifier Enhancements:
- Local Linux Monitoring: Emphasizing our commitment to flexibility and adaptability, we’ve now incorporated support for running system qualifiers right on Linux, eliminating the need for SSH. This enhancement broadens the spectrum of monitoring capabilities for system metrics like CPU utilization, disk activities, and processes, right at their source.
- SCOM Qualifier Optimizations: Recognizing the importance of SCOM in many IT infrastructures, we’ve significantly improved the performance of our SCOM qualifiers. This means faster, more efficient data gathering from your SCOM environments.
- Enhanced Threshold Configurations: Understanding the dynamic nature of business services, we’ve added support to set negative values in breach and warning thresholds. This allows for a more nuanced monitoring setup tailored to unique service scenarios.
- Service Warning Propagation: We’ve refined how service warnings cascade through your service models. Now, warnings are intelligently propagated, ensuring that stakeholders get a clearer, more accurate picture of potential issues.
Fixes & Refinements:
- Permission Clarity: In our commitment to transparency and user-friendliness, we’ve fine-tuned how missing permissions are presented to users, offering a clearer understanding.
- Azure Alerts Qualifier: To ensure we’re in lockstep with the rapidly expanding cloud ecosystem, we’ve introduced a new qualifier for Azure Alerts. This guarantees that any alerts set up in your Azure environment won’t go unnoticed in your Ceeview service models.
- Service Viewer Table: Our attention to detail extends to the minutiae. We’ve rectified a bug concerning event unit display, ensuring data representation remains impeccable.
Through these innovations and refinements, Ceeview continues to cement its position as a forerunner in service-centric monitoring, helping businesses sculpt and sustain impeccable service levels.
Beyond the Core: Ceeview 2.17’s Multifaceted Advancements
As we build upon the foundation of the Ceeview Intelligent Observability Platform, our 2.17 release extends its reach across a myriad of functionalities that further enhance our service-centric approach. This release is not just about our core areas of Dashboards, Monitors, and Service Qualifiers. We’ve touched multiple facets of the platform, ensuring a holistic growth and performance improvement throughout the Ceeview ecosystem.
Service Level Agreements (SLA), the linchpin to ensuring consistent and reliable service delivery, have also seen refinements. The SLA’s intuitive user interface has undergone changes with the merging of the calendar field into the Exclude calendar, ensuring clarity and reducing redundancies. Furthermore, the ability to recalculate multiple SLAs and Services en masse ensures that the ever-evolving nature of businesses is mirrored in real-time within Ceeview’s SLA framework.
Diving into Notification/ActionTriggers, we have introduced a new configuration setting – MaximumEventAge. This subtle enhancement empowers administrators and ITOps teams to refine how they approach and handle event notifications, ensuring that outdated events do not clutter decision-making processes.
But that’s not all! As with any expansive release, we’ve ventured into various corners of the platform to bring a slew of miscellaneous improvements:
- Our Ceeview Agents, the diligent workers behind the scenes, can now have their memory properties seamlessly adjusted through the Ceeview GUI.
- The drive towards transparency continues with enhanced auditing capabilities, now covering cost and application operations.
- Our automation functionalities have been augmented, especially with the ability to activate or deactivate Ceeview grid menu actions at will.
- Service grid has been revamped, rewritten from the ground up to ensure even better functionality and responsiveness.
- Dialogues within the DataRegistry have seen multiple refinements, making data interactions smoother and more intuitive.
Lastly, in our pursuit of perfection, we’ve patched various sections:
- Ceeview Mobile App On The Go (OTG): With the ever-changing world time zones, we’ve updated the JRE to remain synced with global standards.
- Dispatcher: Diving deep into the code, we’ve optimized it to handle concurrency issues with finesse.
- A nod to housekeeping: Legacy permissions that might have been lingering have been swept away, ensuring a clean and efficient environment.
In essence, our 2.17 release is a testament to our commitment to provide an ever-evolving, holistic, and intelligent observability platform. Ceeview, as always, is driven to support businesses in staying ahead of their service management and observability needs.