The Ceeview Intelligent Observability Platform provides organizations with a single point of truth for all your operational data, allowing for unified monitoring of your complex IT infrastructures. With its versatility, adaptability, and end-to-end data integration capabilities, Ceeview enables IT teams to quickly integrate technology, systems, and data sources. Its flexible service modeling, analytics, and reporting provide visibility into the overall health of the IT ecosystem, helping businesses achieve optimization objectives while ensuring operational preferences are met.
The Challenge of Managing Complex IT Infrastructures
Managing complex IT infrastructures can be a daunting task. Organizations often use multiple monitoring tools to keep tabs on different parts of their infrastructure, resulting in siloed data and disjointed workflows. This leads to inefficiencies, missed insights, and a lack of visibility into the overall health of the IT ecosystem. In today’s complex and dynamic business environment, organizations are seeking unified monitoring tools that can provide a single point of truth for all your operational data. At Ceeview, we understand the importance of integration, consolidation, and optimization; which is why we have developed our intelligent observability platform with a service- and cost-centric focus.
End-to-End Data Integration: Ceeview’s Strength
Ceeview is purpose-built as an integration platform, allowing businesses to import and export data from various technologies and providing a unified view of your performance. Our platform’s openness and adaptability allow us to find a way to integrate our customers’ environments, ensuring we meet your business optimization objectives while respecting your operational preferences. With Ceeview, teams can create a better system of success.
Ceeview’s strength lies in its end-to-end data integration capabilities, which include integrating business-unique systems and services on the ground, air, or at sea, as well as on-premise and cloud-based applications and resources. What sets Ceeview apart from other monitoring tools is its extensibility, flexibility, adaptability, and versatility. Our platform’s flexible service modeling, with analytics that observe service-centric KPIs against SLOs and provide SLA compliance analytics and reporting, allows teams to gain visibility into the overall health of your IT ecosystem and business services, providing confidence that we can integrate your entire business environment.
Versatile Integration Methods: Ceeview’s Open Platform
Ceeview is a versatile integration platform that enables IT teams to integrate technology, systems, and data sources quickly. Its open, flexible, and extensible platform is powered by Monitors, Gateways, and REST APIs that can be adapted to fit operational preferences and optimization needs. By offering a range of integration methods and protocols, including REST and SOAP web services, LDAP, Email, FTP, Groovy, HTTP, IMAP, MODBUS, POP3, SMTP, SNMP, SQL, SSH, TCP, WMI, and more, Ceeview provides businesses with a seamless integration experience, helping reduce the complexity of integrating multiple systems.
Ceeview offers a range of integration methods, including:
Monitor, Gateway, and Script Integration: Ceeview offers organizations several ways to integrate and monitor your technologies and systems, giving you a comprehensive view of your IT infrastructure and business services. Whether it’s through Ceeview Monitors, Gateways, or Script Monitors, businesses can obtain the necessary data to ensure that your systems and services are running smoothly.
- Ceeview Monitors: With Ceeview Monitors, the platform utilizes low-level APIs to retrieve data directly from a technology or system. This method is ideal for organizations that need to monitor specific technologies, such as Windows, Linux, VMware, MS Hyper-V, iSeries AS400, IBM Storwize, Citrix XenServer, and more. Ceeview Monitors can collect data from a wide range of systems and can provide insights into their performance and health.
- Ceeview Gateways: Ceeview Gateway Monitors allow organizations to retrieve data from a management system that has already collected data from a technology environment. Ceeview Infrastructure Gateways, such as Nimsoft, Nagios, Prometheus, Solarwinds, SCOM, Zabbix, and more, can monitor a variety of infrastructure components, such as network devices, storage, and servers. On the other hand, Ceeview Service Desk Gateways, like ServiceNow, ConnectWise, POB/Wendia, Matrix42, and more, can collect data on incidents, problems, and changes. Ceeview Gateway Monitors are ideal for organizations that already have a management solution in place and need to integrate it into their Ceeview platform.
- Ceeview Scripts: Ceeview Script Monitor allow users to create their own monitoring solution using scripts. This method is ideal for organizations that have unique or one-off monitoring requirements that cannot be met by commercially available monitoring solutions. The Script Monitor allows users to measure their own systems and retrieve data that represents the state of a certain item, technology, or system. In addition, it can serve as a fallback solution if other monitoring methods are not available or do not provide the necessary insights.
Cost Data Integration: Ceeview’s cost data integration capabilities enable seamless integration with existing cloud cost management tools and cost sources directly, providing businesses with additional insights and optimization opportunities. Ceeview integrates with a range of cloud platforms including AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and others, as well as on-premise cost data sources.
- For example, integrating with Ceeview in MS Azure is simple – businesses can register the Ceeview cost control application into Azure and grant access through role assignment as a Reader, creating the Ceeview App, and establishing Ceeview authentication with the Subscription, Directory, and Application ID, plus a secret value key. Once integrated, businesses can access the Ceeview Cost Control Dashboard to gain valuable insights into their cloud spending.
(Click diagram to enlarge)
REST API Integration: Ceeview’s robust set of REST API integrations and automations empowers operations teams to achieve greater productivity and efficiency, gain improved visibility into their business services, and drive better business outcomes. With the Ceeview Integration APIs, users can seamlessly manage Ceeview and integrate it with external data. These APIs include the Service Integration API, SLA Integration API, Webhook Integration API, Management API, and others, all of which enable users to interface with various data structures and functions on the Ceeview platform. With support for multiple clients and authentication methods, these APIs offer unmatched flexibility for managing and automating operations.
- Service Integration API: The Service Integration API enables users to programmatically create services, service models, service elements, and service qualifiers using REST API calls. With this API, users can also add service metrics to any defined or undefined service within their account. The API supports both single JSON definitions and blocks of data using HTTP form-data requests. Users can issue HTTP PUT/POST/GET/DELETE requests using any compatible client, such as curl, Postman Chrome Extension, Java, .NET, or Perl.
- SLA Integration API: The SLA Integration API allows users to programmatically create, delete, and modify service-level agreements (SLAs) using REST API calls. This API supports both a single JSON definition and blocks of data using HTTP form-data requests. With this API, users can add SLA exclude periods to any given SLA, providing greater flexibility for managing service agreements. The API is compatible with any client that can issue HTTP PUT/POST/GET/DELETE requests, including tools like curl, Postman Chrome Extension, and programming languages like Java, .NET, and Perl.
- Webhook Integration API: The Webhook Integration API allows you to transform incoming JSON payloads into Ceeview asset health reasons and/or asset metrics by using a Groovy script-engine. When you create a webhook, you will receive a unique URL that you can use in your sender configuration. With this API, you can use any client that is able to issue HTTP POST requests to send data to Ceeview Webhook integration. Note that webhooks are widely used in web development to automate workflows and trigger actions in third-party services.
- Management API: The Management API allows users to interface with various data structures and functions on the Ceeview platform, such as assets, services, asset groups, and applications. Standard HTTP operations like GET, PUT, and POST can be used for management operations from web clients. This API includes specific functions for managing accounts, applications, assets, asset groups, data registry, events, incidents, services, SLAs, monitors, and team/user information. Authentication can be done using a valid session ID, API token, or HTTP basic authentication.
Application Integration: Ceeview provides several options for integrating with applications, including Synthetic/External and Embedded/Internal approaches. Synthetic/External involves using REST APIs to simulate user traffic through web/cloud-based applications, while Embedded/Internal involves coding REST APIs directly into business applications to monitor performance at the code level. With both approaches, Ceeview can monitor application health, performance, functional structure, and SLAs to provide optimized insights and management.
(Click diagram to enlarge)
Ceeview’s open platform offers versatile data integration capabilities, making it easy for businesses to seamlessly integrate their unique systems and services. This adaptability extends to both on-premise and cloud-based applications and resources, ensuring a comprehensive monitoring solution no matter where the data resides. By leveraging Ceeview’s open platform, businesses can gain valuable insights into their operations and make data-driven decisions with confidence.
Success Case: Rune Goksør’s Experience with Ceeview
Ceeview is a product which enables us to monitor, manage and maximize customer satisfaction in the way we deliver our services. Reliability and availability are crucial to our business. We are very happy with the service-oriented monitoring approach in Ceeview and its ability to integrate with other products through Gateways and APIs. At my prior employer, we successfully replaced Nimsoft with Ceeview. It is a highly qualified and experienced team of engineers who once again have brought a great product to the market.
Unifying IT Ops: The Benefits of a Single Point of Truth
In conclusion, Ceeview’s observability platform offers businesses a comprehensive and flexible solution for monitoring and managing their IT infrastructure. With its end-to-end data integration capabilities, businesses can gain visibility into the overall health of your ecosystem while reducing the complexity of integrating multiple systems. By offering a range of integration methods and protocols, Ceeview provides businesses with a seamless integration experience, helping them achieve their business optimization objectives while ensuring operational preferences are met.
To learn more about the specific technologies and integrations that Ceeview supports, please visit our Supported Technologies and Integrations page, and additional integration details can be found on our docs.ceeview.com pages.